We are committed to protecting your privacy and we take the privacy and security of your personal information seriously.
We will collect the information that you submit to us using the various submission boxes and registration forms located in the website. By using our website and submitting your information to us, you agree to us using your personal information and sharing it with third parties in accordance with the terms of this policy.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect your personal information in a number of ways, including information you submit via our website such as when placing your product order and through the use of emails and cookies to identify you.
We collect information such as information that you provide when filling in our registration forms on our Website including your name, address, date of birth, gender, email address, the make and model of your vehicle, including the colour, registration, chassis/VIN and engine number, your credit or debit card details, change of vehicle ownership details. If you have been the victim of a crime we also collect data such as the date your vehicle was stolen, crime reference number and the police station at which the crime was reported. We also collect information relating to your use of our Website and your computer, phone or tablet in accordance with our Cookies Policy.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- To complete your transaction request: If you purchase our products or request our services we shall use Your Personal Information to meet your request. We may also contact you as part of our marketing customer satisfaction surveys or for marketing.
- For the purposes of crime prevention through recording your vehicles details and where necessary and or appropriate, assisting the relevant authorities should your vehicle be stolen.
- Product Support. To provide product support for any products you have obtained from us.
- Marketing. We may use your information for marketing research or analysis purposes or to offer you products we think may be of interest to you. You may choose not to have such information sent to you by selecting the unsubscribe button. [insert link here please]
- Where you have indicated your consent, we may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest to you, and we or they may contact you about these by post or e-mail.
- Personalising your use of our Website. We may use information we collect to personalise and improve your experience in using our Website.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Marketing, research or analysis purposes where you consent to us sharing such information.
- With other members of our group, our partners and service providers for the purpose of managing or administering certain aspects of our Website, or to help us develop new services.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal, governmental or regulatory obligation and/or in order to enforce or apply any other agreements between you and us.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of us or other Website users.
- If our assets are acquired by a third party; in such case personal data held by us about our users may be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass aggregated information to third parties about how our users use our Website but this will not include information which could be used to identify you.
Where We Store your Information
Appropriate security measures are in place to protect the confidentiality of your personal information whilst it is retained on our servers. We limit access to your personal information to those who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information in order to carry out their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with our legal obligations to protect personal information about you.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in accordance with the relevant data protection laws.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We will retain your registration form for as long you own your vehicle. If you sell or dispose of your vehicle we will retain your personal information until:
- You advise us that you are no longer the owner of your vehicle or
- Until we receive a second or third change of ownership registration request.
Our Website may contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Updating and Accessing Your Information
If you wish to update or amend the information we hold about you please contact us at email@example.com.
You have a right under the data protection laws to access information we hold about you subject to terms and conditions. If you wish to make an application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Our Policy
Version 1. Last updated. October 2014.